Saturday, April 20, 2013

THE GREATEST & THE LATEST


"A LETTER FROM THE EDITOR"

Yo, it's your hommie “Young J” coming through live and direct. This is my first real editorial so please bier with me. However, I will say I'm very grateful to everyone who reads my material. But, my home boy SPM says, "This is art and art has no rules. Even if you make a mistake you can just say, “I meant to do that,” and no one can argue with you." The boy Carlos Coy always serves up some of the most amazing advice.

You can read more articles thorough the blog page which pertains to the dedication of the Free SPM Movement and the preservation of SPM's legacy.












The Free SPM Movement Facebook:

I'd like to say Hello to: “Incandesio." I really admire her ethics and beliefs. I commend Ms. Jay for all her continuous efforts put forth.

Read "SPM Aftermath," for updates from Carlos Coy and portions of official court transcripts. I strongly encourage you all to join "Incanesio" and write the D.A. Express your opinions about Carlos Coy's case.

D.A. Mike Anderson
1201 Franklin St
Houston, Tx
77002

SPM Aftermath:
http://www.spmaftermath.com/
SPM AftermathTwtiter:
https://mobile.twitter.com/SPMAftermath?p=s
SPM Aftermath Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/SPM.Aftermath

Make sure you check out new never before seen footage of SPM. This contribution is courtesy of Miguel Sosa/8714 Films and the Free SPM Movement.

S/O out to my hommie: “Sickestvillan.”
Thanks for designing this flier.
Miguel Sosa is a chill mellow “Vatto” who knows the in's and outs of all the business. He says, "Square business is faire business." At the time when I met Miguel I was assured that our meeting was possibly fate. Mersaddies, Eloy, Marc, Andrew and Austin are some real hommies. There have been many people who I have met who are incredibly talented individuals. Some are dope graphic artist, some are business dudes. I've met tons of the dopest underground rappers who are better than some main stream rappers. No lie. I have met some of the realest G's from different hoods. I've learned so much valuable knowledge and gained inspiration from everyone. Miguel will always remain a real hommie and associate. I found it to be a real honor for myself to be one of the major promoters for 8714 Films. Promoting the, "SPM AND DOPE HOUSE RECORDS in CONCERT 2013" video will always go down as a special segment in SPM history. I remember when Miguel had told me he felt obligated to release his rare SPM footage. I had felt the same way because, "Why not?" Brand new footage of SPM just doesn't fall from the sky every day. It was crystal clear that what I was experiencing will never ever be duplicated again. I pulled a few strings and got some other people who were interested in working on this project.  As I was directing the worlds of social media I realized I was contributing something that could be very special to the, "Free SPM Movement" and everything SPM stands for. I recall getting "Inboxes" questioning if the rumors about new SPM footage was true. This particular discussion was brought up to my attention many times. I knew this was something every SPM fan had to see. I found out first hand that "GURILLA FILM MAKERS' from all over the world live by a certain code of honor. That honor I speak of is, "Integrity" and "Honor."

SPM Concert 2013:
8714 Films YouTube Channel:
8714 Films Facebook:
Miguel Sosa Twitter:
https://mobile.twitter.com/8714FILMS?p=s
Miguel Sosa Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/#!/miguel.sosa.963?fref=ts



"This document is based on actual events."

Throughout the history of time one known fact has proven itself, time after time, there are always two side of a coin. No matter which way you look at, whether its heads or tales, both sides of the coin have its own unique stories deeply imbedded. Here's what happening with: "The Greatest & The Latest."
 
THE GREATEST:

 
Carlos Coy Sr.
Carley A. Coy
Carlos Coy Jr.
On one side of the coin you have Carlos Coy, inmate currently incarcerated at the James V. Alred Unit located on the out skirts borderline of Texas; near the State of OK. He is serving a 45 year sentence and has nearly 11 years accredited to him. Carlos Coy is known professionally as: "South Park Mexican." He's done the doubtable while he has been in prison; the legacy of SPM still resonates.

Dope House Records the long time label to SPM has released two albums. "When Devils Strikes" was released in 2006 it's been nearly five years since the last Dope House Records, SPM, album release of "The Last Chair Violinist." As of now Dope House Records is getting ready to release the third album of the imprisoned icon. Although there have been suggestions as to how the artist has been recording from prison, it still remains unclear. The SPM universe of fans and supporters eagerly wait for the newest SPM album titled "Son of Noma." SPM will be getting out of High Segregation soon.

The progression of Dope House Record's next release of SPM’s album: "Son of Norma" is still in progression. The release date is unknown as of now. However the Son of Norma Snippet which may appear on "YouTube" has been announced to be available on May 3rd 2013. I’d like to acknowledge all of my Dope House Army crew; they are always coming through live in the game.



Dope House Army Twitter:
Dope House Army Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/jay.dub.161#!/pages/Dope-House-Army/337373736375779

THE LATEST:

Lil Smitty and Young J
On the flip side, I had a few brief phone calls with Smitty before I had met up with him and his homeboy, "Toker". Based on these phone calls I immediately understood he is an artist whose very much loyal to the game but just as humble. Smitty has South Park Mexican playing through his car speakers as he cut's through traffic heading to a, Young J Productions, photo shoot. About an hour passed and he’s just about to wrap up his photo shoot. Smitty mentions he would like to see what his photos are going to look like. He continues on to say it was time to get a bite to eat. Smitty shares his ideas for some future projects he’s interested to work on. He exit’s off the freeway and pulls into, "Alberto’s." Smitty and I both agreed Alberto’s has bomb burritos. We place our orders and continue our conversation while we eat our meals. Smitty explains concepts he has in mind for a music video.  Not long after he gets a phone call and says he has to go pick his homeboy by the name of, "C-Blunt."

As I stepped into the studio I was greeted a feisty small dog who looked similar to a Pit Bull, Smitty introduced me to his hommie C-Blunt.  We proceeded into a recording studio. I took a seat in a studio chair sitting next to the recording booth. C-Blunt sat at the boards as Smitty lounged on a couch. The two of them began going over their show CD for their performances. Tonight Smitty is a featured opening act for the legendary Oakland California rapper, "Too Short.' C-Blunt pulled out an unopened three pack of Coors Light from a small refrigerator. I declined the offer, Smitty grabs a cold 24oz. from C-Blunt as he pops the tab. Smitty put his can on the floor near his feet and C-Blunt takes a few gulps of beer and informs Smitty he's  going to take a shower. Smitty sits in C-Blunts chair and pulls up YouTube off the internet on a nearby computer and plays South Park Mexican instrumentals. Smitty reaches for his 24 ounce can of Coors Light, takes a quick glance at the can in his hand, and pops the tab and took a small gulp. He places his beer back on the floor. Smitty and I begin conversing about some of his favorite SPM tracks. At this point I was waiting for a battery for my camera to recharge. I had planned to use my camera later to record some of smitty's performance. As Smitty sits in front of me he uses this opportunity to spit a few freestyles. I instantly came to a conclusion that this would be good footage for me to record. I quickly reached for my video camera battery and as fast as I could, took the battery off the charger and placed it back into the video camera, I probably recorded about two freestyles which are to be estimated to be about seventeen minutes. Smitty had a few more sips of Coors Light. Just then C-Blunt returns ready to handle business tonight. It was time to get ready to go. Smitty had said people were waiting for him at his show.

After a 45 mines drive Smitty arrives to the parking lot of the venue. Smitty emerges from his car eyes are clear and looks to be in prime form. We begin to walk through the parking lot towards the event. We approach the venue main entrance. A security guard stands at the door checking for show tickets and those who were waiting to get in. I record some more footage of Smitty. I had got introduced to some of Smitty's boys while they met up. I could feel the bass pulsating through my body coming from the interior of the structure. We get in line and get searched by security before were cleared for entry. Inside, the main stage area is extremely hot and dark. The stage is occupied by some other featured performers. I now feel the bass fully erupting throughout my body. I follow Smitty as he makes his way through the on lookers. A sparkling disco ball and an eliminating black light hangs over head. The dance floor is packed with bumping and grinding guys and girls dancing. Smitty tells me he is set for his performance within the next two hours. I follow Smitty as he navigates his way through; he approaches a few people sitting near a barricade which separates the stage area from the dance floor. Smitty introduces me to more of his boys and those who have come out to his show. I located a bar and paid five bucks for an off brand bottle of water. I made my way through the massive crowd back to, the front row, where Smitty was chilling. Smitty watched the other performers and occasionally danced with a blue haired girl. I went outside to get some fresh air and check a voice message or two. Within the next twenty minutes I found myself on stage just minutes before Smitty would be taking the stage. A slew of others along with Smitty preformed their tracks. Smitty pays homage to the West Coast shouting, "West Coast." I was on the stage and the front row recording video footage for most of Smitty's performance. I found myself gazing through the video camera view finder, as I was panning, it became pretty obvious from my position everyone who is attendance is having a great time. Several people amongst the crowd were yelling and screaming, “West Side." Everyone made it clear what hood they were reppin. Smitty closed out his performance with a shout out to some of his boys. A somewhat sweaty Smitty exit’s the building to get some fresh air. While he’s outside he records another promo for the video I was filming. I met another of Smitty’s boys who was also on stage tonight; his name is, "Castro.' Smitty chilled with his boys for a moment but not long after everyone was heading back to the main stage area, Too Short, was about to appear soon on stage.

During Too Short's performance he did tracks like: On My Level, Blow The Whistle, I'm a Player, and a, oldie but goodie, old skool from the late 1980's. "Short Dogg," was definitely was in the house on this night. Too short was accompanied by an all-female back up dancers. He first got on stage with a huge opened bottle of "Patron." He did say he was drunk. And Too Short reminds you of his favorite word. Too bad I can't not share that with you what that word is. At the end of a 45 minute, Too Short, performance Smitty and his boys dipped out the spot; heading back to C-Blunts studio.

Lil Smitty’s next live show
will be on: May 25, 2013.
Some girls had happened to come through to chill. These girls were also at Smitty & C-Blunts show. Smitty chilled and spit two freestyles off the dome. I had recorded some portions of this freestyle session. Smitty dropped rhymes; I said, I thought his flows were dope. A laughing Smitty said that he was just F'in around. a couple of the girls names who's names are, "Tweeks" and "Barbie" were a couple of the girls who had stopped by;  C-blunt and the girls down shots of brandy. Just then, Smitty steps into the recording booth. He places the head phones on his head and steps to the mic. Over a “Lil Wayne” instrumental Smitty spits freestyle. This particular freestyle I have personally dubbed as, "Lil Smitty Epic Freestyle." The action was real and live this is for sure. I did not make it to sleep until that morning at 8
 

3 comments: