Thursday, April 25, 2013

SPM: SPIRTITUAL POWER MOVES

"A LETTER FROM THE EDITOR"
         What's good family? It's ya boy, Young J hitting you with an EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW "LIVE" with my hommie, the iconic legend, Carlos Coy. This interview was an honor to conduct and will go down in history among my very favorites, thank you Carlos.
         Young J

Currently Carlos Coy has been incarcerated for the past ten years. He has been through ten different prisons. As of now he is confined at the James V. Allred Unit. Carlos is a self-proclaimed, "Student of life." He is continuing to exercise his mind and educates himself. He reads tons of books and has proved to be an extremely gifted visionary writer. 
Carlos Coy was born in
Houston,Texas on October 5, 1970.

YOUNG J: You have inspired many people from all types of walks of life then and now. Including me. I read, when your career was taking off before each show, you would give a speech about the virtues of staying in school and staying away from drugs, keeping out of gangs and getting a job. You talked about the glories of families and responsible parenthood. I’ve heard those type of messages on your albums as well. What could you say to the younger generations who are just now catching on to the music you have put out?
CARLOS COY: I would say, “You deserve the very best in life, but only you can give yourself the best. Only you can study hard, listen in class, do your homework each night. Only you can say ‘no’ when so-called friends want you to do something stupid like drink alcohol, or smoke weed, or beat someone up, or steal, or etc. There will be many situations where you find yourself having to make a decision on whether to do something stupid or not. The hell with what people always think, always choose what’s right. We’re all old enough to know right from wrong. I don’t need to tell you that skipping school, or joining gangs, or making fun of someone is wrong. The greatest thing a person can do in this life is be kind. Our heart is a simple mechanism, and it’s really the secret to life. It pumps happiness into kind people, and pumps sadness into mean people. But some of us have lived such painful lives, that all we know how to do is be mean. That’s why I give you this understanding. Knowledge is power. If you know eating a certain berry will destroy your life, you w
on’t eat it. Well I’ve talked about two berries, being kind and being mean. Eat the right one, so that you’ll have a beautiful life.”
Carlos Coy and child hood
hommie during 1980.
YOUNG J: Who comes to visit it you?
CARLOS COY: My mom, dad, wife, kids, sister, brother, grandmother, grandfather (before he died), my bestfriend, Dope House employees, I’m only allowed to have ten people on my visiting list, and I can change my list every six months. So I make slight changes whenever I need to talk to someone that’s not already on my list.
YOUNG J: There’s been talk about a new album called The Son of Norma. Do you have any comments about that?
CARLOS COY: That’s funny you ask that, because just two days ago I got a letter from Pain Ortiz (Head Engineer at Dope House Records) and he informed me that the final set of instructions concerning The SON have been completed. That means the music part of the album is done. All seventeen songs have been mixed and mastered. Now, all that’s left is deciding the artwork. For example, what will the cover be? What will the insert artwork be? Are we doing anything special, like a free t-shirt offer, or putting a Dope House sticker inside, etc? Whatever we’re going to do, we need to get it done quick because people have waited long enough.
YOUNG J: I’ve heard there have been several complications with the album. Can you clear the air on that?
Carlos Coy, better known by his
stage name South Park Mexican.
CARLOS COY: There’s just a lot of work that has to be done before an album is ready to be pressed. If I were out there, I could get it done in weeks. But it’s more difficult being in prison, and weeks can take years, which was the case. But I’m glad we’re done. This will be the first album that will be released of which I didn’t get a chance to hear its final version. But I don’t care, I trust Pain and the staff at Digital Services, and I say, “Let it Roll.”
YOUNG J: As you may know over the last 10 years there have been several rumors circulating
about you stating you are dying from dieses and you have been killed. Obviously you’re not dead. How is your health?
CARLOS COY: I’ve heard about the one where I was killed, but not the one about dying from dieases. It must be a slow moving dieses because I been in this motherfucker ten years and I still don’t feel nothing. But I just did 800 push-ups with my homeboy, Wizard, last night. So I’m fine. No diseases thank God, and last I checked, I’m still warm.
YOUNG J: It has been documented you’re imprisoned with some of the most dangerous men. Has there ever been a period since you have been incarcerated you feared for your personal safety?
On May 30, 2002 Carlos Coy was
sentenced to 45 years in prison.
CARLOS COY: Right now, I’m in High Security Segregation, where they put the most dangerous confirmed gang members, and other inmates who are threats to the security of prison. But all they want from me is a signed picture for their kids, or friends, or other family members. I get nothing but love and respect, not only here, but in every prison I’ve been to. I’ve passed through over ten prisons, and lived in four of them. But these guys are well-connected, and they know more than you can imagine. And the word has spread about my trial, and how I got railroaded. They know all the crooked shit DA’s do when they really want someone behind bars.
YOUNG J: As your life takes sharp turns do you feel you have any reason to believe you fear for your life?
CARLOS COY: Definitely. If I’m not careful, the same way many men have died I will die too. My enemies are ice cream, nachos, chili bean burritos, Snickers w/almonds, Salsa Verde chips really all the chips.(We got like fifteen different kinds in commissary.) My good friend, Boy, died in 2010. He was my age. He just fell out in the shower. He was dead by the time they put him on the stretcher. Heart attack. I’m scared to death of it. But, obviously not too scared. I ate, like, six homemade enchiladas earlier, while listening to the football game.
YOUNG J: Can you comment on the future of Dope House records and any future SPM projects?
"Tryna stop the rise but the Mexican lives."
CARLOS COY: Our future is extremely bright. The SON (Son of Norma) will be (or is) the greatest rap album I’ve ever heard. I didn’t get to hear the mastered version, but I rapped that motherfucker, and no body on Earth can fuck with it. I know that sounds super boastful and braggy, but what do you want me to say? A lie? It’s straight crack. The only album that can fuck with it, is “Visionary” which will be the next SPM album after The SON. I’ll be getting out of High Security soon, and I’ll be back working with all our musical family: Lucky, Bash, Sheedy, Low, Grimm, Pimp, Powda, Coast, Quota, Gotti, Carolyn. I’ll be blessing all their projects. It’s crazy bright. All I do is thank God.
YOUNG J: What is the difference between Carlos Coy on the brink of stardom and the Carlos Coy as of today?
CARLOS COY: If you know me, you would know that I wasn’t on the brink of stardom. I was on the brink of death. I was fucked up every waking moment, and at war with a lot of pussy-ass niggaz. My
brand new limousine had just got shot 31 times by some punk-ass hoes. I was at the point of no return because that’s just who I was. I didn’t know how to handle fame, and my story would have ended like Screw’s, or Elvis’s, or Kurt’s, or Michael’s. I was the poorest man in the world, and all the
Carlos Coy speaks from
prison about his life.
bitch-ass haters were stupid enough to want my life. That’s why I say, never admire people with money or fame. That shit is the last thing that will bring you happiness. Today, I’m a man who knows I’ve been given a second chance. I’m happy as hell, and just loving the gift God has given me. I’m excited about my writing, not only songs, but books. I’m just doing so much planning
for The SON, I haven’t been able to finish other projects. But I will, and I think I’ll do good.  
YOUNG J: At this point in your life what matters most to you?
CARLOS COY: God first. Then my kids and family. I’m sure most of us feel the same way. Aside from that, my passion has always been to help people. I so wish I had the answers too alleviate the social cancers of the world. I wish I could tell something to that abusive husband, that-self destructive kid, that drama prone girl, that dope dealing man that would make them understand what true happiness is. Everybody thinks money makes you rich, so they’ll do all kinds of shady shit to get it. The people that want, so badly, to be rich, are the ones who are unhappy and think money will make them happy. It’s fake happiness. The most valuable things on earth are beautiful relationships, but it takes work to build them. It takes lot of forgiveness, humbleness, kindness, patience to have these true treasures. So, many people just don’t have those traits so they do anything to get money so they can buy fake relationships. Go to the strip clubs and have a bunch of hoes that don’t give a fuck about you, but love your money. Have friends that love to spend time with you because you got money. All this shit ends in cruel fashion. It’s better to work on being honest, dependable, kind, thoughtful, considerate, so you can have beautiful people around you because you’re a good person. That’s what being rich is. That’s what I wish I could give the world.

Carlos Coy is eligible for parole in 2024.
His projected release date is April 8, 2047.

 CHECK OUT THESE SPM LINKS:
SPM & DOPE HOUSE RECORDS in CONCERT 2013:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOpKwIDIR_k


8 comments:

  1. DAMN LOS TELLS IT HOW IT IS! IM 19 HAVENT DONE MUCH WITH MY LIFE BUT I DID REALIZE WHEN YOU HAVE IT ALL EVERY ONE WANTS TO BE AROUND BUT THE MIN YOU DONT HAVE NOTHING YOUR ALL ALONE! I BEEN LISTING TO SPM MUSIC SINCE WIGGY WIGGY AND ALL HIS OLD JAMS. AND EVERYTHING IN HIS MUSIC ALL HAS A POWERFUL MEANING IN SOME HOW! BECAUSE OF CARLOS COY AND HIS MUSIC AND A LIL WHAT I BEEN THROUGH I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT MAKING MONEY RIGHT IS THE BEST THING AND FEELING. BEIN IN THE STREETS IS NOTHING AT THE END ONE REASON OR ANOTHER BEIN IN THE STREETS EITHIER GETS YOU TO PRISON, KILLED, OR JACKED NONE OF THAT IS WORTH YOUR LIFE AND WHAT CAN RUIN OTHERS AND HURT FAMILY. FOR THINGS I GONE THROUGH AND WHAT LOS HAS MENTIONED IN HIS MUSIC ALOT HAS MADE ME WANT TO CHANGE. I JUST WANT TO SAY THANKS CARLOS I KNOW YOUR A GOOD MAN, DEEP INSIDE I KNOW ONE DAY YOU WILL GET A FAIR TRIAL AND BE PROVEN NOT GUILTY FOR ALL THE BULL PPL LIKE TO SAY. TRYING TO STOP THE RISE BUT THE MEXICAN LIVES. FREE CARLOS COY AkA SPM ONCE AGAIN I THANK CARLOS FOR OPENING MY EYES AND RE THINKING ABOUT MY LIFE. BECAUSE ALL HIS MUSIC AND HOW MUCH I ADMIRE HIM AND CAN RELATE TO ALOT BUT SEEING THE OVER ALL PICTURE WAS SCARY BUT NOW IT LOOKS ALOT BETTER FOR ME.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome interview! FREE SPM!!!-beanieman

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yo J N Los, It is because of these exact things, that we still exist today...N DJ Sparkzz always reminds me when I snap into my bipolar triple x ramblings... "Kill em with LUV for they know not wat they do" he never ceases to amaze me...N the time when he was relearnin how walk, talk, read, etc. He never once hated that it happened to him... He just went with it sayin it wasn't his time n he was here for a reason... Truth is u enstilled these values n him... N when parents told him he wouldn't be shit....its your values of being real, luv, hate...We are all family n as far as da money thing...We sure have a lot of friends when we ballin...White, black, brown, purple...What I am tryin to say is thank u far makin him wat he is n believin n him when noone else would! He goes out of his way to make sure everybody else is happy, n does n does for everybody n it makes ma blood boil cause these same people cant stand to see him on top....It was like they threw a party when he was paralyzed!!!lol Anyway he tells me to shut up n if they cant accept luv...That Greed will get em eventually...Anyway I guess Jesus kept him for a reason...One luv Dopehouse for life!!! We will represent SPM TIll ya feet hit da ground homie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reading this helped my mentality. Lately, I been doing what he was saying fucks people up. Caring too much about money, getting too faded, and worrying about if these shady girls are gonna hit me up to kick it. Los you right man. I got the best homeboy I could ever ask for, my sister's always there for me, and I got a lot of blessings. Stay strong Los.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will your services be provided on board if you know what I mean...? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Free Carlos Coy SPM.......Amor y Respecto por vida.........

    ReplyDelete