Friday, June 14, 2013

BIG GIBZ: MEXICAN SWAGGA

YOUNG J: This is ya boy Young J comin live with that exclusive with that hommie  "Big Gibz." It's good to have you come through I appreciate your time. How have you been doing?
BIG GIBZ: I'm good just blessed to be alive. Ima working man clocking in and out while I'm also pushing my music searching for the big payoff. Hopefully one day my music will become my only job getting paid big dollars to do what I love to do, making music.
YOUNG J: You’re a Texas native from Waco, what was the youth years of Big Gibz like?
BIG GIBZ: Growing up I was like a normal kid I was bad, but yet innocent. I grew up around my older brothers and sister so I seen a lot. But during my teenage years I was quiet, but I hung around thugs and grew up in rough neighborhood. I kind of keep to myself and my music is the pain I've seen bangin out the speakers.
YOUNG J: When you were growing up what type of music were you listening to?
BIG GIBZ: Mostly Rap: Kid Frost, NWA, Lil Rob, 8Ball & MJG, Dr. Dre, Easy E, all the Old School Rap, along with some R&B.
YOUNG J: What type of music does Big Gibz have in his iPod these days?
BIG GIBZ: These days I got Big Cease From Hata Proof Records, I got Old School Lil Flip when he dropped a CD with a group called (HSE) Hustles Stacking Ends, King Lil G out of Cali, Old School Tejano Micheal Sagado, Los Palominos, Los Garcia Bros, Dope House Fam, Playa Made Mexicans, Juan Gotti, Flatline, and many more.
YOUNG J: I gotta say you got some pretty sick flows, when was it that you decided you wanted to be a rapper?
BIG GIBZ: 8 years ago I started free styling in front of drunk hommies at house party's and it just
grew in became a life style and, hey why not get paid while doing that? It became like a drug this is my life my way out of the bullshit this world offers us. I feel as if I'm one with my music, it's my better half, music is who I am.
YOUNG J: It’s been said, “All I got in this world is my balls and my word.” I admire your integrity in this rap game and your originality will make you successful. Are you a writer or a freestyler?

BIG GIBZ: Writer all the way. Freestyling, sometimes I go hard most of the time I don't like what I say. I don't like freestyling; I don't like how I sound I'm a deep thinking kind of person, and I let my heart do the talking. I freestyle for fun at times, but I'm not a fan of freestyling though I love to jam other artist freestyles who go hard at it.
YOUNG J: For all my readers who have yet to hear of you can you explain what you and your music represent?
BIG GIBZ: I represent myself first off; also my city and state, Waco Texas, but most of all I rep my brown skin people. I wanna show em that we to got talent and we too got dreams, and with hard work time and prayers we can get there; if only we apply our selves. So if you’re a gangsta, hustla, family man or women, we are all in the same struggle no matter what state or city were from. Ima put on for y'all and never stop believing in our selves. It’s time for la raza to sit at the top now.
YOUNG J: When was it that you had started taking a serious interest in the music industry?
BIG GIBZ: Now (laughing) after all the business issues with the SPM song opened my eyes. It's time to go over and beyond now, gotta give it my all or lose it all is how I feel, and my first real album is half done and I will shock everyone when it drops; God willing and Ima be shining soon.
YOUNG J: Since you have been coming up in the industry what have been some of your accomplishment that you have achieved as of now?
BIG GIBZ: As funny as it sounds (laughing) none I mean I been in magazines, radio, even got a trophy given to me for performing at a car shows. They surprised me with an outstanding achievement award but I still feel empty. Though I'm grateful for my accomplishment, but the accomplishment I'm waiting on is a major record deal so I can make sure my family is taken care of.
YOUNG J: I firmly believe in persistence and dedication, progress is success. Where would you like to see your career propel to in the future?
BIG GIBZ: Wherever the good Lord has set out for me is what is written. Weather I'm at the top or just getting some kind of cash flow rolling in is fine with me, but of course hopefully one day I'll be livening comfortably.
YOUNG J: Since you have been on your grind in the industry what other artist have you had the opportunity to collab with?
BIG GIBZ: I had the honor to meet and chill with Juan Gotti and Rasheed from Dope House we got a song dropin soon. I respect their skills and talent so that was a honor for me to be able to record and do what we do best, make good music.

YOUNG J: I've heard of a track titled, "Body Bags" featuring yourself, the hommie Pircription, Hustle E, and the iconic "South Park Mexican." How did the concept for this particular track come about?
BIG GIBBZ: The song came about basically threw connections; Pirscription threw the opportunity on the table so I had to eat (laughing.) Shout out to, Pirscription. He threw me in the mix cause I'm guess he thought I'd be perfect on the track, I guess my skills and my Mexican swagga, everything just fell into place.
YOUNG J: My boy SPM did the hook. SPM says, "Body bags and jolly rancher Jags kick em out the telly and I’ll tell em catch a cab my Cadillac on slab and at every club I have a tab if I go past the max there’s mo after that." How did SPM get incorporated on this track?
BIG GIBZ: Well that remains a mystery only Dope House can answer that. But, it is Dope House approved; shout out too SPM's engineer, "Pain" Jamie Ortiz.
YOUNG J: Would you have imagined you would be on the same track as SPM?
BIG GIBZ: Naw I would of never thought; I’m a fan of South Park Mexican I been buying his music scene cassette tapes, I wasn't even rappin back then so I was excited about the song.
YOUNG J: At this point of your career what does it mean to you to have a track featuring yourself and SPM?
BIG GIBZ: Well I believe it helped me a lot due to South Parks fans and I think it opened a lot of eyes letting the world know that there are other Mexicans out there that can wreck. I believe though I been in the game for a while this feels like this is beginning to chapter to something great for my career.
YOUNG J: Earlier you had mentioned you’re a fan of SPM. How did you first begin listening to the music of the South Park Mexican?
BIG GIBZ: My older brother had hustle town on cassette tape we were barbequin and he popped the tape in; I was a fan since then on.
YOUNG J: How did you first hear about SPM’s incarceration handed down to him by the Texas Department of Criminal Justice system?
BIG GIBZ: I heard it from the streets. First I didn't believe it till I read it on Internet. I believe he is innocent and that he will be out soon.
YOUNG J: I’m sure you aware of the imprisonment of SPM. What’s your thought about his status?
BIG GIBZ: I believe he is innocent, he was a powerful man. His fans were deep and loyal. I believe the system seen him as a threat and they tryin to stop him, but I believe one day he will be out back in the real world with more knowledge to teach and straightin up the youth, and expose all these suit and tie devils out here.
YOUNG J: What does the legacy of SPM mean to you?
BIG GIBZ: It means a lot to me, can't know one do what he did or walk the path he stood in he's a legend for sure. He is a Mexican leader someone who we can look up to and learn from. Also he
opens a lot of doors for people like myself to walk through. Sky's the limits there's a lot of talent out here, but can't know one tell the stories about the shoes he walks in.
YOUNG J: Do you have any projects you’re currently working on?
BIG GIBZ: I'm working on my album which will be the first album of mine. Available on iTunes very soon I'm tryin do everything right but my album will be my heart Ima have something on there for everybody to jam. This project is movein slow I'm putting lotta time money and thought in to it.so remember me in stay tuned in.

YOUNG J: I appreciate your time. It’s been real talking with you hommie. Big Gigz is on his hustle and I’ll be waiting to see what kinda moves you make next. Stay up playa.
BIG GIBZ: Orale thank you and what your doing for SPM, and all artist that link up with you. I think u have great taste in talent and music. We're I end up after this I feel is already written; I put my dreams and talent in the lords hands, and you all stay tuned to see what my next move is. I got a lot going on including my album. I've never dropped a real album, but my time is in motion God bless stay true I'm out much love.
















BIG GIBZ Links:

BIG GIBZ Email:
BIG GIBZ YouTube:
BODY BAGS (Ft. Big Gibz, Pirscription, Hustle E & SPM)
BIG GIBZ FaceBook:

BIG GIBZ REVERBNATION:

No comments:

Post a Comment